Video Game Engineer (AI)
Seattle, Washington | Job ID: 57978
Onward Play is looking for a Senior AI Engineer to lead on a confidential new gaming project. The position is onsite in Seattle and relocation is offered! Our game studio client is looking for a strong AI systems proficient pro.
- Must be proficient in designing, implementing and maintaining paths and algorithms
- Must work along with creative team, design team to create AI patterns and behaviors in the game
- Must be strategic with formation and grouping algorithms
- Must know how to set up debugging process and tools
- Proficient with QA and finding problem areas in a game
- Must be collaborative with engineering and design teams
- Must know how to identify AI requirements for a game
- Must implement AI behavior inside the game
- Develop and deploy the shared Unity development API and toolset
- Ability to produce functional and maintainable code
- Code needs to meet performance and game requirements
- Ability to improve code quality where needed
- Ability to make AI recommendations for game improvements
- Ability to work well with design and engineering teams
- Ability to integrate game and editor features
- Must know how to analyze for performance problems and bugs
- C# experience
- Experience shipping 3D titles and have used Unity
- Must be a great collaborator, organized
- Great oral and written communicator
- Engage in code review of existing code
- Work alongside engineers, QA team, production team, designers
- Must be great at collaborating, care about players, awareness of all the game genres and audiences.
- Provide achievable task estimations based on your own ability
- Proficient with modern AI technology
- Able to work in agile environment
Apply now to chat with a recruiter and learn more!
- Onward Play is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Play is a drug-free workplace.