Principal Unity VR Software Engineer
United States / Remote | Job ID: 63025
Our client, a major XR innovator is searching for a Principal Lead Software Engineer. This person will be working on a top tier VR/Gaming product with other world-class engineers.
- Guiding the architecture of the VR client application and technical implementation of features in the game
- Working with high performance code
- Operating independently and collaborating as a team
- Serving as a mentor to junior and mid level team members
- Making an impact on innovative solutions to drive the advancement of live products at scale
- Evolving and guiding the architecture of the game for maintainability
- Experience or interest in Gaming, VR, Fitness
- 10-20+ years working in an engineering environment with a proven track record
- Unity experience preferred, Unreal accepted
- Expert in C++, C# and Java
- Knowledge of 3D applications and asset management knowledge
- Experience building complex UI and state machines
- Strong communicator, detail oriented, self-starter, ability to work remote successfully, reliable
- VR headset experience preferred
- Ability to do dynamic live ops updates, building app architecture
- Knowledge of the .Net ecosystem (outside of unity)
- Savvy with process improvement
Apply now to chat with a recruiter and learn more!
- Onward Play is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Play is a drug-free workplace.