Engineering Team Lead (Console/VR/PC)
United States / Remote | Job ID: 58230
Onward Play’s client is looking for a Engineer Lead with senior game experience. AAA experience preferred. Must be able to lead, mentor, manage, train engineer team. This team you will lead does projects like videos games, VR/AR and larger scale events.
- Must be a large helper in the engineering department and mentoring the team. Be the project lead, watch over team members and communicate department projects, challenges, project production etc.
- Partner with VP and other Director level to strategize
- Manage the career growth for engineers across multiple projects
- Manage risk of projects and identify growth opportunities
- Manage project technologies, timelines and tools
- 7+ years of industry and technical experience
- At least 3-5 years of management experience
- Mentorship skills
- Team leadership skills
- Large passion for product excellence and game excellence
- Held a leadership roles while building software systems for shipped titles
- Must have hands-on coding knowledge and background
- Agile development methods
- Must be able to estimate project costs, timelines
- Communication skills
- Must know all the updated trends in gaming for technologies, processes, tools, and workflows
- Must have a high level of productivity and effectiveness
- Roll up your sleeves, collaborative attitude
Apply now to chat with a recruiter and learn more!
- Onward Play is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Play is a drug-free workplace.