Director of Data Engineer
United States / Remote | Job ID: 58120
Our client needs a Director of Data Engineering. Relocation is a possibility. Remote until Jan 2021 or when covid subsides.
- This candidate needs to lead and grow the Data Engineering and Analytics team as they design and implement the next version of data infrastructure.
- This is a hands-on, roll up your sleeves engineering position.
- Must be in charge of designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and architecture.
- Must be strong with overseeing Data Analytics and reporting
- Must report data to marketing, sales and insights team
- Improve our data infrastructure, define metrics and new pipelines
- Be clear on team guidance, roadmap, project scope
- Provide high quality data sets to drive strategy changes
- Hands-on experience building out data pipelines.
- 6+ years designing, building, shipping, and maintaining efficient, reliable data pipelines, and data models as part of a data warehouse solution
Snowflake experience preferred
- 2+ years managing people
- Familiarity with data orchestration tools such as Airflow and data visualization/BI tools like Looker.
- Cloud architecture services (preferably AWS) experience
Apply now to chat with a recruiter and learn more!
- Onward Play is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Play is a drug-free workplace.